New Blog and Weekly Series...View SourceI just started a new blog to coincide with my new weekly series on lynda.com…View Source, so be sure to check it out. Find out what it's all about here.
Understanding Forms Part 1--The form tag and form attributes in HTMLForms are a great way to communicate with your users. Learning how to code them can be challenging at first, but it's crucial to having successful online experiences. In this first ina series of articles, I'll cover the FORM tag as well as form attributes.
iPhone Like View Controller Buttons in CSS3 and HTML5I wanted to approximate what in the iPhone Developer Tool is known as a Segmented Control. This code will only work on a -WebKit Browser, which should be fine for Safari, Mobile Safari or Chrome.
The Advantages and Disadvantages of HTML5HTML5 is the hottest thing in web development. In this article, I wanted to discuss the background surrounding HTML5 development and point to the advantages and disadvantages to using the language today.
Adding code for a clickable button to a URL in FlashDoing some simple things in ActionScript 3 like adding a button that clicks to a URL have gotten more complicated. Here's a simple piece of code that allows you to make a button click to a URL.
How Much Should I Charge for a Freelance Job?Students and Freelance professionals are always curious about what to charge for freelance jobs. I have a surprisingly simple formula for calculating this. This article discusses my process for figuring out this touchy subject
Where to download all the Google Font Directory fontsThe Google Font Directory is a revolutionary new group of fonts for web designers. This articles shows you all of the fonts on a single page with direct links where you can download them to your hard drive so you can use them to mock up your layougs.
Learning to program with PHP for beginnersPHP, the Hypertext Preprocessor is an essential technology for building websites. This article shows you the basics of PHP.
Semantically Valid HTML5 TablesLearn to code tables that are more semantically descriptive and HTML5 compliant.
Paypal Buttons: How to create different most types of PayPal Buttons with HTML codeStep by Step instructions on how to create PayPal customizable PayPal buttons on your website.
These in-depth video tutorials provide hours of hands-on learning experience in Photoshop, Adobe Flash and Web Design topics.
- Customizing HTML5 Reset
- Understanding HTML tags
- Setting up a Local Testing Environment
- Using Cyberduck FTP to upload, download and edit files on your server
- Creating a password protected directory
- How to record a podcast using Screenflow on a Mac
- Learn PHP: How to create a simple guestbook using PHP
- Animating a Leaderboard with Adobe Photoshop
- How to send an Email using PHP
- Introduction to PHP
- How to install WordPress in 1&1 servers
- Photo Retouching: Beauty Cleanup of Blemishes
- Photo Retouching: How to whiten yellow teeth using Adobe Photoshop
- Using Actions to Resize a bunch of Photos in Adobe Photoshop
- CSS: Learn how to make your web pages beautiful
- HTML 101: Coding perfect forms & tables
- Basic HTML Resume
- Uploading Files with the Transmit FTP client
- Splitting a Single HTML Page into Multiple Pages
- Adding Navigation to your HTML pages
- Using the Transmit FTP Client
- Forwarding a Domain
- POW & Dashboard
- Working with animations inside other animations in Adobe Flash
- Working with complex Adobe Flash timelines